Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013


Dear family and friends,
This week has been another good week. The work is still going strong! How are you all?

Something special that happened this week was the Toronto Stake stake conference. It was good to hear from the authorities and it was my first time attending Saturday night adult session. It was also exciting to finally see the Cantonese and Mandarin missionaries in the stake. There was a couple of them that attended BYU: Elder Moore, Elder Hendricks and Sister Hsiung! I also met Elder Lai that is from the Ma On Shan Ward back home. I can tell that they are great missionaries and it will be awesome to work with them in the future.
I also met a recently returned missionary, Nathan Lim, who served in HK and has been back for 10 days now. It was great to speak Cantonese with him. The Lim kids are half Chinese and they are just awesome. They always love to help the missionaries in the ward.
I am so grateful for the help that I am receiving everyday by our Heavenly Father. We have been teaching along with members a ton. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn the gospel in my life especially when I see the people we teach struggle with their lives. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the way that the Lord has set up for us to be happy. 
1. Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement
2. Repentance
3. Baptism by Authority
4. Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost
5. ENDURE TO THE END
I have come to realize more and more each day that this is the way of life that the Lord promises us that we can be happy if we live it. Trials will still come but you WILL be happy with you live it.

It's so real.
I know that this Church is more than just a religion. It's all about God. Being a member of His Church is not just showing a belief, but infinitely more importantly is to LIVE the life of a Saint, someone that strives to follow Jesus Christ and learn TRUTH.
Have a good week everyone!

Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment