Monday, September 9, 2013

Almost 1 month!

Dear family and friends,
It has almost been a month from the first day I entered the MTC. My work here in Canada is great and I have been learning a lot. I am enjoying working with Elder Binford and Elder Cowley. We have been teaching the same investigators for awhile now and they are making good progress.
So yesterday was my second Sunday here in Don Mills. The ward is great and we had a baptism from the sister missionaries. We invited Lenny and Lindsey (our investigators) to come to the baptism so that they can get a feeling of a baptism and what they should expect. It is always very spiritual to see a baptism because you know that they can enter the Kingdom of God as they come out from the water. It is also nice to see the warm welcome of the ward members to the newest member of the church.
After watching the baptism, we talked with Lindsey for awhile and challenged her to be baptized on the 22nd. She was hesitant at first and she had many concerns and fears. However, the Spirit was very strong and that calmed her down. "Sure", she said, after what seemed like a whole minute of silence, she finally said yes to be baptized on the 22nd. We are all very glad because this is the first time in months of teaching that she is committed to a baptismal date. I am sure heavenly Father is also very excited for her baptism.

On the other hand, Lenny had relapsed and started smoking again. However, he has been cutting down on cigarettes and is also committed to be baptized on the 22nd.
I have really learned to love the people we teach. I am truly concerned for their eternal salvation. I know that baptism is just the first step but that small step is enough to fill me and Heavenly Father with joy.
So two of our investigators, our brother and sister, are committed to be baptized on the 22nd of this month. Please pray for them because Satan is trying very hard to stop them from eternal life.
That's pretty much what has been going on this week. I know that heavenly Father is on OUR side and I have no doubt that he answers our prayers. Pray for good, have faith in Him and Christ, and it shall be done.
Love,
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment