Monday, September 23, 2013

First Transfer ends!!!


Dear Family and Friends,
My first transfer in Toronto is over! Even though it was 4 weeks instead of the normal 6, I feel like I've been here for a long time now. Elder Cowley is getting transferred away so it's just going to be me and Elder Binford for at least 6 more weeks now. The tri-panionship is over and it will take a while before I'll get used to a normal companionship again.
Best thing that happened yesterday/this week/this transfer was that Lindsey was BAPTIZED!!! She has finally found her way into the waters of baptism. She has been very nervous about the baptism for the past two weeks. All the members in the ward are extremely friendly and that played a major, MAJOR, role in her conversion process. It is very nice to know that the ward is supporting missionaries and the work. I don't think that she will have any problems with going to church now, even without the missionaries. I spoke during Lindsey's baptism and it went great. After which we went upstairs to baptize her. She was so nervous to get in the water even after the doors were open and everyone was just staring and waiting quietly. It took her about a whole minute before she finally started walking into the font. When Elder Cowley started the prayer I was nervous. She is my first baptism! The baptism went well and then she bore her testimony for the first time afterwards. She started with "Hi, I'm Lindsey. And I'm a Mormon" Everyone laughed and it made us feel good because we know that the ward loves her already. I could tell that she definitely felt the Spirit when she bore her testimony. She told everyone that she felt a surge of energy in her right when she stepped out of the water.
I know that the power of baptism is real without any doubt. Sins can be washed away and I believe that that is THE REASON why she felt a surge of energy because the spirit within her can finally put down all of her burdens.
I cannot wait till next Sunday when she will receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. She is going to be a great newest member of the Christ's church.
I want to tell you, my friends, that I know for a fact that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is TRUE and the ONLY TRUE church on this planet. Trust in God and He will tell you that same fact that I came to know for myself. Ask him sincerely if this is the true church. I cannot deny that the Book of Mormon IS THE WORD OF GOD and that this is His church. In the name of Christ, Amen.
Love, 
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment